Log in
Article search:

Q & A

permit holders

What exactly does "Permit holders only " mean at the canal side. has someone paid for a private morring, or something like that?

Asked by: Mr P Jones  | 6.41pm, Wednesday 26 August

WW says:

Almost certainly. BW has a number of lengths on the towpath or off-side that are used for permanent moorings. Boat owners who pay to use these sites are known as 'Long term permit holders'.
These sites are sometimes adjacent to short term moorings -48 hours or 14 days - so you need to be careful not to moor in the long term section or you may find you have to move if the permit holder returns.

Graham Booth  | 6.52PM, Wednesday 26 August

You must log in to post an answer.