Log in
Article search:

Q & A


I am currently planning my life on a narrowboat. I would like to move around alot but it will have to be local to my place of work in Birmingham. I know marinas are an option but it would not suit my personality. Could I move around and stay in different places for a couple of weeks at a time?

Asked by: Lee Kruba  | 5.37pm, Wednesday 16 June

WW says:

You can avoid having a permanent mooring if you can satisfy BW that you are a genuine continuous cruiser.
The conditions for this are quite complex and are explained in BW's General Terms and Conditions for Boat Licences - Schedule 2. This can be viewed online via the Waterscape website - www.waterscape.com - by following the links to Boat Licensing.
Basically, you can stay in one place for 14 days (provided you are on a 14 day mooring) but you must then move to another 'neighbourhood' .
The rules also assume that you are cruising around the system and not just moving from one neighbourhood to another and then back again.

Graham Booth  | 10.57PM, Wednesday 16 June

You must log in to post an answer.