Log in
Article search:

Q & A

river nene and middle level navigations

do i need a licence to cruise from peterborough to middle level navigations via river nene

Asked by: christopher smith  | 1.25pm, Sunday 8 May

WW says:

You need an Environment Agency licence (Anglian Waters) to cruise the River Nene (or a Gold BW licence) as it is not part of the BW network.
Visit http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/boating/31605.aspx to find out more- including short-term licences.
There is no charge for the Middle Level navigations- and your 7 or 31 day licence from the EA will cover the Great Ouse and associated rivers, if you want to venture out onto these very attractive, and underused, waterways.
Both the Middle Level and the EA require a valid boat safety certificate,and third-party insurance, much like BW.

Mark Langley  | 2.35PM, Sunday 8 May

You must log in to post an answer.