Log in
Article search:

Q & A

What RCD documents do I need to sell a narrowboat?

My narrowboat shell, fitted with engine, plumbing and electrics was sold in Jan 2000 to owner A, who completed the fitout and sold two other shares in 2003 to myself and another, whilst retaining one share himself. What RCD docs do we need to sell the boat now?

Asked by: Derek Robertson  | 2.42pm, Thursday 7 August

WW says:

It seems from what you say that the shell was built after 1998 and that the boat was not fitted out by the owner for his own use and kept for five years. In this case, the full RCD documentation would be needed in order to sell the boat.

If you are not able to do this yourself, there are a number of marine surveyors who can produce post-completion documentation.

Graham Booth  | 4.01PM, Thursday 7 August

You must log in to post an answer.