Log in
Article search:

Q & A

Powering a computer on board

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a power lead to run my laptop on board a narrowboat. Surely all I need is a power lead with a three (round) pin plug on one end and a (correctly sized) jack on the other? But can I find anything? Plenty of in-car chargers, but they're designed for 'cigarette lighter' sockets and seem to have extra gubbins in between...

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Paul

Asked by: Paul Evans  | 7.07pm, Tuesday 16 September

WW says:

Not that we know of - I'd be tempted to lop off the cigarette lighter plug, and add a three-pin plug in its place. The "gubbins" are likely there to try and regulate the 12v input. What model of laptop do you have?

Richard Fairhurst  | 10.48AM, Monday 22 September

You must log in to post an answer.