Log in
Article search:

Q & A

Boat painting (Fonts).

Hello, Does anyone know the main type of lettering font used by signwriters when painting the words on the sides of narrowboats ?.

Asked by: Trevor Smith  | 8.16pm, Monday 5 May

WW says:

Professional signwriters generally have a number of styles that they use depending on the type of boat and the owner's taste. These may have been based on a particular font but they are often developed over the years to reflect their personal preferences.
The variety that this creates is one of the reasons that narrowboats are interesting to look at but it also makes it difficult, if not impossible to answer your question.

Graham Booth  | 10.40PM, Monday 5 May

You must log in to post an answer.